09 August 2008

Happy 43rd Birthday Singapore!

Once again, it's that time of the year when people hang flags on their flats. Some will queue for days and nights just to get some tickets to get into some stadium for some performances. Others will be

Yes, it's Singapore's Birthday today and the subsequent years of today. Thus, I would like to compile a Top 10 list of "Thank you Sinapore for..." as my gift to the country.

Top 10 Thank-yous Singapore:

1.Thank you Singapore for the rising public transport fees.

2.Thank you Singapore for planning to shut down roads during the F1 season.

3.Thank you Singapore for protecting my innocence when you've decided to censor Lee Ang's "Lust, Caution" and give it a R21 rating.

4.Thank you Singapore for educating me on how to piss and shit properly in cubicles.


























5.Thank you Singapore for letting me participate in the "Great Human Hunt Game" when Mas Selamat escaped from prison.


























"I know he's among us..."

6.Thank you Singapore for telling me know how cool Chinese is and we should not date people who don't speak fluent Mandrain.



7.Thank you Singapore for setting up ERP gantries at places like Toa Payoh.



8.Than you Singapore for the rising oil prices.

9.Thank you Singapore for giving me great jokes to laugh about after somebody took his son's passport to go overseas.

10.Most of all, thank you Singapore for having 2008's birthday on a Saturday and thus, no extra public holiday for this year.

Happy 43rd Birthday Singapore!

No comments: