12 May 2008

The Foundation

Here comes the Golden Question; If there were one make-up you can't live without, what would it be?

That's a very tough question.

Every single morning, I have to wake up an hour earlier than everyone else had to, just for the sake of doing my disguise under cosmetic products. The underlying message: I have a very bad skin.

Thus, there seems to be no make up products that I can live without, I need all of them! Still, I must recommend a make-up which gives me the greatest benfits among all other products, but, it's on par with my concealer. *wink*

Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™ for Oily Skin(Note: Buff is not available here.).

Yes, it's the ultimate Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™. Cheers!

I'm one born with oily skin which is prone to frequent breakout(everyday new day = 2 new pimples), blackheads, white heads and worse of all, my pores seems to be enlarging everyday.

I'm one troubled soul.
Thanks to Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™(long name), I could at least step out of my house door with my head raised, at least.

This thing could really reduce oil secretion and it stands up to its claim of ColorStay®. Though the colour range is rather limited, but if you've got the extra bucks you could perhaps buy two bottles of Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™ and mix them to achieve your perfect tone.

I would suggest getting Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™'s 180Sand Beige and 310 Warm Golden for the purpose of mixing.

The coverage of Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™ is also thick enough is conceal dark rings. It did cover mine and I have very dark rings to begin with.

The downside of it? I had difficulty blending it onto my skin using my fingers, brush and sponge. It wasn't like L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation that I've used few years back. Revlon ColorStay® with SoftFlex™'s texture way much thicker than it, perhaps that is what which contributed its heavy coverage. Caution must be take throughout the application progress to not leave behind any traces of the make-up.

Secondly, it's back to the colour range limitation which still could be solved with the help of money. Thirdly, I find it a little too pricey for a drugstore brand.

Conclusion: Go get it if you have very oily skin, some bucks, bad skin which needs extreme coverage and great skills in blending foundation.

No comments: