07 December 2008

Discovery Month

This December is so weird for me. Not exactly weird though. It's just that ever since December came in, some people had been proving certain of my beliefs wrong.

1. Found out that Zhong and his Trina's 44 months worth of relationship had ended a month ago.

2. Heard from an acquaintance that Yuki had ended her 3 to 4 years of relationship with Rain about a year or so ago.

3. Natalie had confessed to me that Jordan is now "just friends" with her after 3 years and 5 months of dating.

4. Edward had in fact, broke up with that "maid cafe girl" who he has been dating for 3 years.

5. A friend's friend had tried to commit suicide after his ex-boyfriend had ended their 3 years and 9 months.

See the pattern? Yes, other than they were all discoveries of breakups, they all happened during the third year of a relationship. I don't know about others but, the longest relationship I had been in lasted almost or exactly 3 years. Is it that couples of our age are bound to head for a break up during the third year of dating?

I don't know. Cause so far, there's only a few who had proven me wrong and that they had all entered shot-gun marriages (other than you, Freya). But that's like only one out of a hundred couples! Worse of all, these couples that broke up were those that I had faith in. As in, I thought they were all to last till at least after marriage.

And to couples out there; beware of the third year of your relationship, breakups usually happen then. And it isn't those sort of breakups you had with your partner before. This breakup happens for good and there won't be any more patching ups.

These news has shaken my belief in the existence of love. Does love exist?

Remeber that a while ago I said that I had learned a lesson in love? Yeah, I was told that:

"Sometimes, people can be with people that the they don't like or love at all. So as long as that person is dependable and a good catch."


At that time, I thought what she said was it and there's no questions about that analogy. However, Edward came up with something else that I hasn't thought of:

"Yes, what she said may be true. But does she even know, how many people are seperated eventually because of that. And those who aren't seperated, how many of them are having affairs outside of their family? Even if they're not having affair, they will never be happy, ever."


Ooohhh, wise words from Edward the Great. Why hasn't I come to think of that? Oh well, I've got so much more to observe in this world.

Aside from these, how should one feel when one had found out that her old crush has gotten a new sweetheart who closely resembles herself in terms of physical appearance? I thought I was dying cause I saw my doppelgänger.


Just like what Kenny Sia did.

But no, it was just his girlfriend. No wonder you had always avoided letting us meet.

I should be flattered by this discovery... right...?

No comments: