03 December 2008

First Light

Days ago, went First Light-watching with the dudettes(and three other dudes). Haven't heard of it before? Yeah, you probably wouldn't. It ain't a movie but, a play...


























...at the Esplanade Theatre Studio...










The last play I had ever watched was Forbidden City and Broadway Beng, decades before.

















Let's get some understanding on what the Hell's this light's all about.

Synopsis: If all the world’s a stage, what scene would you offer as a last encore?

Trapped in a limbo between existences, seven deceased Singaporeans are reading their own obituaries.

A postman, a teacher, a grassroots leader, a businesswoman, an actress, a taxi-driver and his wife, seven elderly strangers with little in common in Life; now find themselves together as they face the greatest adventure of their lives - Death. Before this wait is over, they must each revisit, relive, re-enact the most significant moment in their life. Only then can they move on.

At turns funny and profoundly-moving, FIRST LIGHT is a thought-provoking play that invites you to step beyond the veil to discover how sometimes, it is only after death that you really begin to live.

Funny? I don't know. Everyone else was laughing their asses off during the course of the performance, except for me. Perhaps I was the one lacking humour but I just couldn't find laughter in the discussion of a morbid subject like, death.

Profoundly-moving? Yes. Thought-provoking? Yes. It was so darn good in this two that I had to drink half a cup of XO to knock myself out for bed that night. It lured me into recalling all the previous encounters I had with Death and it sure isn't fun to recall this subject in the middle of a play when everyone else was laughing.

Oh well, let's drop this.

After the show, we kinda messed around a little at that area...


Night view. Hmm...


...


I'm trying to use Jia Yi's formula of emo-fying a picture.

Alright, that's it for today. Gonna go kill my test off. Oh my gosh, to talk about test. It's tomorrow! And I haven't even started on any damn thing! *panic*

No comments: