26 October 2008

忘了曾经说过要一起到老

I'm not a Buddhist. At least, not yet. But I do visit temples on a regular basis. Ananda is just one hell of a good example.


























No, not this one.


























Shucks, I just couldn't help it. And biatch, get off my Ananda.

Oh yeah, I was talking about Ananda, Wat Ananda Metyarama located at 50B Jalan Bukit Merah.


























Every visit there is greeted by this great flight of stairs.



I had never complained about them but this time, with my leg injury, I couldn't help holding back the urge to blame Abott Chow Kun Phra Pannadhamvides for these stairs.


First stop at the temple.

Ya know, believers and non-believers of Buddhism in Singapore should take the time to visit this temple at least twice in their lifetime. It's a mini architectural marvel.





If you were to ever make it there, you could most probably catch me hanging out with the Youth Group, meditating, chanting or just, sitting down at the main shrine.



The tranquility that this temple had brought me whenever I'm there is certainly out of this world. However, the peace stops when I'm outta the place. Nonetheless, thanks to Wat Ananda, I've learnt a hell load of stuffs about life. Then, I even followed the teachings of Dharma for yet another time in life.



It's foolish to assume that time fades everything away in life because I could tell you that it wouldn't, not everything would. All is in the mind. It's been 5 months since the grudge started but now, I've decided that it should end. Don't look at me that way, I'm no saint that would be able to bury all hatchets. It's just that this one, I could.

I forgave, will you?

Pictures compliment to www.singaporesights.com and straycat.

No comments: